Saturday, February 4, 2012

MY IDEAS


1st idea - STARS AND STRIPES


My first idea is about the flag of the United States. Since I'm not from the U.S. the flag of the United States always was a kind of symbol for me. A symbol with a lot of graphic elements and rules. So why not break it and play with the given graphic elements.




2nd idea - OCCUPY


This idea was inspired by the occupy movement. It's rather about the word 'occupy' and it's meaning regarding to food. Just like wealth, we should also share food. E.g. to encourage others at lunch to just take the coffee if they want to. Open dinner for all, freedom of expression for all.



3rd idea - HOPE 


My last idea is about the symbolic design method used for the 'HOPE' poster which became synonymous with the 2008 Obama presidential campaign. The Poster was originally designed by Shepard Fairey, a streetart artist also known as OBEY. I applied this design method to vegetables and a coffee bean to combine food and politics.



DANIEL

1 comment:

  1. I think how the first idea looks visually, and it has a really nice twist to the usual. I also find the second idea amusing, and I think it has a lot of potential.

    ReplyDelete